1. A deposit of 20% of the total rent payable is required within seven days of confirmation of the booking. If confirmation is given within six weeks of the commencement of the holiday, then the full rent should be sent at that time. If a booking is accepted, the client becomes liable for the balance of rent for the full period of the holiday which must be paid six weeks prior to the holiday commencing.
2. If you seek to cancel the holiday let then we will do what we can to re-let the property for the period previously booked by you. Unless and until we are able to secure an alternative booking, you remain liable for the balance of the rent due and such balance will require to be paid within seven days upon demand. If we are able to re-let the property we will refund to you such part of the rent as we are able to recover as a result of the alternative booking.
3. By making a booking you hereby undertake to keep the property and the furniture, fittings and contents thereof in the same state of repair as they are at the commencement of the holiday let. You will be responsible for making good any damage, breakage or loss that may occur during the period of your occupancy. It is an essential condition of this let that the property including the furniture, fittings and contents (including kitchen utensils) must be left in a clean and tidy condition at the termination of your period of let.
4. Smoking is not permitted with the subjects of let.
5. Unless otherwise agreed bookings run from Saturday to Saturday. The property will be available for occupancy at 3.00 pm at the commencement of your occupancy and you will require to vacate the property by 10 am on the last date of your occupancy.
6. For the avoidance of doubt, no tenants' rights arise as a result of your entering into this contract and no right occupancy exists beyond the specified period.
7. For the avoidance of doubt, the rent of the property includes the hire of all appliances specified in the brochure as well as electricity and gas charges (but not linen which is available for hire at an additional charge of £10 per person per week).
8. You shall not do, or permit anything to be done in the property which could reasonably be deemed to be a nuisance or offensive to the place or neighbourhood. Further, at the termination of your right to occupy, you will vacate the premises and remove all of your belongings and leave the property clear and tidyWednesday, February 15, 2006t prejudice to any other rights competent to us) summarily remove and dispose of the same, whether for value or not. We will not be bound to protect or safeguard the same, or to account to you for the same or the value thereof. Further, in the event of the subjects not being left clean and tidy and in good order, then we will be entitled to employ a commercial cleaner to clean the same at your expense.
9. The person making this booking hereby warrants that he has authority to bind all other persons who are to be staying in the property during the period of occupancy and undertakes to ensure that all persons occupying the property comply with these conditions.
This Contract shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland.